Monday, September 15, 2008

I meant to do this a week ago....

So many new, fun things are happening, it's hard to keep up sometimes!

I wanted to post last week, but alas, life gets in the way! 

Last Sunday, September 7th, we decided to take Madelyn to the museum for the first time! We had free passes for "the full experience", so we were gonna get some use out of them. Besides, it was a cool afternoon, too cold to do outdoors-y things. The museum was a perfect choice!

Madelyn was asleep for the first bit of the museum adventure, and when she woke up, she didn't mind just strolling along and taking it all in! Of course, Daddy didn't mind carrying her around for a bit when she appeared to be getting antsy, held up in the stroller the way she was. It took about an hour and a half to walk through the museum, and by the time we were done, we were sure we'd have no problem at the Planetarium - we had our tickets to see a Patrick Stewart-narrated show on the solar system, and since Madelyn just had a bottle and was rubbing her eyes, we were certain she'd just pass out in the darkness of the Planetarium.

But she didn't. !!!

About 10 minutes in, our poor little girl was not enjoying herself anymore, and despite Daddy's efforts to keep her calm so that we, and the other patrons, could enjoy the show, we had to leave. Which was totally ok, since we'd already had such a long day, and I had to go to the grocery store before they closed in an hour!

So after a quick jaunt around Touch the Universe, we headed out!

(Silly me - I didn't think cameras were allowed in the museum, so I didn't bring mine - I wish I did, to document Madelyn's first foray into the world of history. But as it turned out, yesterday, one week later, we went back again, with our niece Alexis in tow, and I snapped a few piccies then to make up for it!)

That night, I was doing laundry in the basement as Daddy was putting her to bed. Bottle, story, and snuggles, and down in the crib with her plug and Woodsy she went. Lights were out, her turtle star constellation night light and soft lullabies were on.... but instead of going to bed, she stood up in her crib and cried "mum mum mum"!

So I came upstairs, went into her room, picked her up, and her head just crashed down on my shoulder, and she passed out - it was the sweetest moment! It was as though she just wasn't able to sleep until she said "goodnight" to me, and once I came into to give her some nighttime snuggles, that was all she needed to finally enjoy a peaceful night! That was such a sweet memory, and also, I should mention, the first and last time she has, and will, ever go to bed without a big ol' snuggle from me first!

More to post, but standby, I'll add it separately!!!

No comments: