Thursday, June 3, 2010

"Have a surprise for you, Mommy!"

These precious little words were being yelled at me in an eager little voice as I was making supper tonight, through the open window in the kitchen.

Turns out when Daddy took the Roo for a bike-a-cycle ride, she took it upon herself to load up the back carriage part of her trike with "cooorns" (pine cones) for Mommy!

This is what I saw when I went outside to see what my surprise was:

She was so proud of herself! And she should be, she picked the best cooorns on the block! When I asked her how many she picked for me, she proceeded to "count": "Oonnnne" (as she moves 3 to the side), "Twoooooooooooo" (again, drawing this out long enough to move more than 2 over to the "counted" pile), "Freeeee, fouuuur..." all the way up to 11, before she decided that 6 would be her final number! What a thoughtful little girl we have!

No comments: