Tuesday, April 5, 2011

How I found out about the mailman.

Catherine:
I feel so horrible because so much time has passed and our little girl does SO much, and we just don't always have the time to commit to updating things, but I want to get a few cute little stories out here before they're gone from my memory!

Just about a month ago, Daddy was ready a bedtime story to Roo called Why I Love My Daddy. The story depicts images of a child animal with its daddy, and is accompanied by a line or two, written by real children, of reasons why the kids love their fathers.

On this one particular page, Madelyn showed Daddy, as she loves to do with everyone, who everyone is in the picture by pointing to them and giving them a name.

And on this particular day, on this particular page, Madelyn decided the parent in this setting was the Mommy as opposed to the Daddy, as the title so aptly suggest. "And here is Madelyn penguin," and continued to give a title to each of the other penguins in the background. "This is Baba penguin, and Didi penguin, and Alexis penguin, and Grandma penguin, and Grandpa penguin..."
Donovan:
So, Madelyn finishes going over who each penguin is, and I couldn't help but notice that she didn't give ME a penguin! Not to fear, there was ONE penguin left at the far right of the page.

A big, strong looking penguin, that surely reminded her of her daddy.

"And who is THAT handsome penguin?", I asked her, getting ready to hear my name being called.

"Oh. That's MAILMAN penguin," she replied, and quickly turned the page.

Uhhhhh......

You can bet that Mommy and Daddy had a pretty long talk after THAT bombshell! :)

And yes, this is a true story.

No comments: