Sunday, September 30, 2007

I miss being on holidays, for reasons other than the obvious

Ok, aside from the fact that holidays are a time to just RELAX (not that Donovan and I did much of that, what with getting the house ready for the baby.... will the baby really care that our dining room has been painted a new colour?! Oh well!), I had the chance to at least sit down and put my feet up during the day if and when I needed to.

It was during this time that I could become mesmerized by the hypnotic movements of my belly, as I watched my baby poking and kicking about. I could watch this for HOURS (well, minutes anyway, until it was time to tend to the kitchen fire that broke out on our stove, or something of the sort).

Now that I'm back at work, I don't have the luxury of lying back whenever I want to watch the baby. In fact, I hardly get to feel anything at all, because I'm always on my feet and always on the go!

The only time Donovan and I get to enjoy the little movements of our NOW 2LB BABY!!! is at night, when Mommy's ready to hit the hay after being on her feet for 12hrs straight. THAT'S when the baby wants to poke around and play!

Oh well, I'll take what I can get - and if it means I need to lose a bit of sleep just to enjoy my little hyperactive child, then so be it!

Loverboy says it best, pinpointing my emotions, with their hit "Lovin' Every Minute of It".

Yup, sure do!

No comments: