Thursday, October 4, 2007

Coming up to 28 weeks!

This has been a pretty eventful week, and it's not over yet!

A few weeks back, all our nursery stuff came in - and WOW, do we ever love it! The bedding set, curtains/valances, wall coverings and wall paper border, etc. It's a wonderfully adorable theme of sheep, bunnies and chickies. Sooo cute! Not everything has been put into place just yet, but we're ready for the most part in case baby comes early (like Daddy did!).

Baba Baz (we haven't officially decided on a name for her yet!) came into town on Tuesday and felt the baby kick for the first time! The baby wasn't as cooperative as I had hoped, but was still active nonetheless!

And yesterday, I got to experience something new - I was at Mom & Dad's place, sitting at the kitchen table with my hands resting on the top of my belly, chatting with Mom, when I felt a foot!....or an elbow....or SOMETHING! It wasn't the typical kick I'm used to feeling - this now had a definite angle to it - the punch/kick was more defined, SOMETHING poked out of my belly!

VERY cool indeed!

Early yesterday morning, I woke up at 4am to go to the bathroom - usually, when I wake up in the morning, after about 10 minutes, baby's up and kicking around and ready for the day. But for some reason, THAT morning, as soon as I rolled out of bed and waddled downstairs, I felt something that just broke my heart - the baby gave me a couple of soft, slow, sleepy kicks, as if to say, "Mommy, why are you up so early? I'm sooo tired!" It was so sweet and cute and heartbreaking all at the same time! But then again, WHO'S fault is it that I'm up at 4am for a pee? :)

Today, Donovan and I made a day trip to Grand Forks - what with the dollar being as wicked as it is, we decided now's the time to head down and pick up a travel system, some onesies, diapers and wipes, and other baby goods that are much cheaper in the States than here at home. Quite a long and tiring day, but very productive at the same time. Now we're thaaaaaat much closer to being ready for baby's arrival!

Baby has been quite active lately, especially in the evening until late at night - just moving around like s/he owns the place...which, I guess s/he kinda DOES... but it's been so exciting to experience!

Well, it's nearly 10pm, and I'm ready to hit the hay!

I hope everyone's getting as big a kick out of reading our little adventures as I am recording them! Only 85 days until Pop Day!!!!!

No comments: