Sunday, October 14, 2007

Nursery pics!

Hi everyone, Donovan here, letting Cat take a break from typing so she can get some well deserved rest! I don't post on this blog as much as I'd like - and today, I'm going to talk about one reason why!

The nursery!

After a couple of weeks of washing down walls, painting, and looking for/buying/assembling furniture, we're done! Well, actually, there's still the matter of the new light fixture, but, if any of you are familiar with the Electrical Incident story, you'll know that I'm going to have to call in some outside help for that!!!

For the last 7 months, Cat has been hard at work creating a miracle in her belly. Sure, putting together a change table is NOWHERE near as complicated (okay, for me it was!), but it's finally given me a bit of a sense that I can contribute something to help get ready for our little bundle of joy!

Well, enough of my yapping! Here's some photos! Enjoy being clean while you can, Mr. Change Table!

You may notice, there's a bit of a cute rabbit/sheep theme going on here. That valence above the window just gets me! Whoah, I know what a valence is? I guess they're right, you learn a lot being a parent.Ahhh, the crib du grace! It's in this crib where our little one is going to spend his/her nights falling blissfully asleep in peaceful silence, not disturbing anyone. Ha! I have a funny feeling that rug is going to be my new bed, while I pass out from exhaustion, trying to get our tyke to fall asleep!
The room is really quite cozy and comfy, when you get a nice single lamp going in the middle of the night. And of course, yes, the lamp is covered in sheep and rabbits! We Yaciuk's don't do anything without going all the way!
So there you have it! Slowly but surely, the house taking shape, getting ready to take care of our young family.

Only a few more weeks to go!

No comments: