Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Success!

Last night was a breeze!

Ok, so my eyes were glued to the video monitor all night.... and I eventually fell asleep like that! She was out so cold, that I studied every inch of the image of my baby on that screen to see if I could tell if she was breathing or not!

I even went so far as to send Donovan downstairs to make some noise in hopes that she would stir. But she didn't. That was a bit unsettling - until Donovan convinced me he had heard her breathing, and I felt better.

With a couple of stirs throughout the night (only because her soother, or "plug" as we call it, fell out and she needed help finding it in the dark), she did quite well!

At 5am, she was stirring again - methinks because the morning light was trying to stream through her curtains and it was an unfamiliar sight for her - from that angle in that room, anyways - so I scurried (yes, I actually DID scurry!) downstairs, poked my head over the rail of her crib, was greeted with THE most enthusiastic propeller arms and giggles and beaming toothless smiles, and I just scooped her up and carried her upstairs to our bed to snuggle and sleep!

After what I had anticipated being the worst night so far, it was most certainly the best morning so far! :)

So now, she's asleep in her crib, we'll see how things go this time.... *ding ding* Round 2.....

No comments: