Thursday, May 12, 2011

Snuggle bug!

After Madelyn was left to fall asleep in her room, she began to get a bit restless, so Mommy went in for a quick little cuddle to help her calm down (and because I wanted another excuse to snuggle!).

We were both lying on her bed, her little bum pushed into my ribs, and I was stroking her hair. After quite a number of songs on her Disney lullaby disc, her breathing was getting deeper, and I realized I'd managed to put her to sleep, so I stopped stroking her hair and began to move my hand away. Unbeknownst to me, she was still awake, and instead of letting my hand go, she grabbed onto my thumb, pulled my hand back and cuddled with it against her cheek!

My heart melted - she'd never done that before!

I would've stayed all night if I could have, I was loving every single moment, but I couldn't stay in her little bed - so after another great number of songs passed, and she hadn't moved, I thought for sure I had my chance to slip out of her room silently and undetected.

Only I was, again, mistaken.

As I slowly began to prop myself, she seemed automatically jolted from her sleep and reached around to grab the strings of my hoodie and pull me back down, telling me, "No, Mommy, you stay here and close your eyes with me and go to sleep."

So I did.

Sweetest moment of my life :)

No comments: