Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Baby Doppler

Last week, a girlfriend of mine dropped off her baby doppler unit - a device she purchased, and successfully used, to listen to her baby's heartbeat in the uterus.

Pretty cool! I was so excited to try it out!

Only the directions state it's too soon for me to hear anything!

I won't hear a heartbeat, it says, until later in the second trimester. We're halfway through trimester 2 (already??!!), and since I already felt my little 6" Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki Sub move, I thought our baby is some sort of Super Baby, and OF COURSE I could hear the heartbeat!

Mmmm, nope!

I keep trying though. Every other night, Donovan and I give 'er a whirl, and see if we can hear anything yet. I did put the device to Donovan's abdomen and we both enjoyed listening to the sounds of his digestive system! And for fun, I put it on his head - and hear a bizarre "wooshing" sound!

Can't wait to post the day we hear the heartbeat on our own, without our dr's assistance!

No comments: