Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Backin' up the pickle truck....I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE! I FELT YOU MOVE!!!

I'm a tad behind with this, I apologize - so much to do, so little time!

But I don't want to lose these memories, or the days on which they happened, so here I go....

August 16th - I FELT THE BABY MOVING!

Not just a slight little flutter, a definite poke!

I was at work, at the gate, waiting for my aircraft to push back from the bridge, and the boarding lounge was empty, so my girlfriend and I sat down and just chatted about everything.

One of the topics - "So, have you felt the baby move yet?"

"Well, kinda," I said, as I proceeded to tell her about the little flutter I had felt over a month ago, but nothing since.

And literally, 2 minutes later, THERE IT WAS!!!

Poke poke poke!

The baby was poking me! And not just once, REPEATEDLY, as if to say, "Sorry I've been so lazy lately, but here I am!"

Since then, it's a regular occurance! (Even now as I type, the baby's just kicking and punching me....a habit I hope it breaks before it leaves the womb!)

Donovan is SO excited about it, he just beams everytime I smile and point to where I feel the baby - and as soon as he puts his hand on my belly, the poking stops! I think the baby's just having fun with Daddy now, and I know, before long, Donovan'll be feeling the baby kicking him through my belly!

What an amazing sensation! A little Ukrainian dancer indeed! My baby sure does have some happy feet!

(I've since asked my girlfriend to start talking to me about winning the lottery... if she can trigger my baby moving around, who knows, maybe we can pick some lucky numbers?!)

No comments: