Saturday, August 11, 2007

ROCKabye Baby!

It's unanimous. EVERY single person we know who is a parent has warned us.... the music will drive you CRAZY! We're going to have the lyrics to every lullaby and nursery rhyme and alphabet song memorized forward and backwards. (Okay, I've got the alphabet down pat, but I'm still a bit foggy on some of the other songs!)

I somewhat selfishly resolved to try to find some great (age appropriate) rock songs to teach our kids, so that I can still listen to music that doesn't drive me nuts!

Cat and I are both in love with the band U2 - it was one of the first things we found out we had in common back in our short courting phase (that and the movie "The Neverending Story", but let's keep that a secret, okay?) If you're familiar with the music of U2, well, let's just say it's tough to find a song in their socially conscious, politically charged catalog whose lyrics would be appropriate to teach a two year old.

Sunday Bloody Sunday?

Not on your bloody life!

Well, imagine my surprise when I stumbled across the following album on iTunes:
I found an album containing a bunch of U2 songs re-imagined as soft instrumental lullabies! Now, when I'm trying to put our crying infant to sleep, I'll at least I'll be able to give myself a bit of solace as well, humming some of my favourite songs!

Heck, I may even just go and poke our sleeping baby, just to be able to hear the songs again while I try to get him or her back to sleep! ;)

Now, I just have to find some good songs to sing to our baby while he or she is awake! Good thing there's not a lot of words to memorize in "Fish Heads"!

PS: Today marks the official halfway point of the pregnancy!

No comments: