Sunday, November 25, 2007

35 weeks!

Well, I'm done! Work, that is....saw the dr on Thursday, and she pretty much signed the papers on the spot to get me off my feet and steer me towards bed rest. (She also told me that she just delivered one of her Christmas babies.... so technically, ours could very well come early, too!)

So, that's it! Now I can spend these last few weeks sleeping (if I remember how to do that - I seem to maybe get 2hrs of sleep every night....I heard that's Mother Nature's way of getting my body ready for the lack of sleep I'll endure with our little jelly bean!), and of course, LOTS of nesting.
Our little baby's bum still perches itself right under my ribcage and pokes out of my side, just waiting for it to be patted! (a habit I hope s/he breaks once they're born!)

What else I'm experiencing now that's really fun....

Oh, my fingers, hands and wrists are SO sore, it hurts to lift a pillow! And those sausage fingers have a hard time bending! I'm still congested, my tailbone and sciatic nerve won't let me forget what pain is!, and the water retention is out of this world!

I told Dono, with all the complaining I do, I'm loving every minute of it and wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING! I'm going to miss all the kicks and summersaults and flutters and hiccups, and the little bum that sticks out of my right side!
But at the same time, I just can't wait to hold our little baby!
Now I have to go to a friend's baby shower and get some ideas on things for OUR baby! (Maybe if she gets duplicates of some items, she'll just give 'em to me!)
Maybe not.....!

No comments: