Friday, December 28, 2007

The big day is here!

It's hard to believe it, but our due date is here, and no baby yet! We're so close!

I've not posted on this blog as much as I'd have liked to over the last few months, but am very happy that Cat has kept it up. Looking back over all the posts, it's a great record of all that we've been through over the last months!

When I sit back and think about it, I've been really lucky. The last 9 months were nowhere NEAR what I was expecting them to be! I got nothing but warnings about how Cat was going to be so moody that you'd think she'd need psychiatric help. Or that she'd crave mustard and banana sandwiches every night at 3 am. Or that she'd cry at Xerox commercials. Or that I'd have to do EVERYTHING around the house!

Pffft. Compared to what people "prepared" me for, this has been a breeze. Cat has been a perfect wife and mother-to-be! Sure, we've had days where we've wondered how we were going to be able to make it to the finish line (or as I like to call it, the next starting line), but overall, it's been hard not to be positive about everything! She's got such a positive, infectious spirit, and an uncanny ability to just roll with whatever is thrown at her. They say that a husband needs to do everything he can to help his wife get through pregnancy. I'm exceedingly lucky to have a wife that takes the same attitude towards me - she's gotten me through the tough times as well!

So, yeah, delivery is next. And I'm under no illusions that it's going to be a parade down main street. But the last nine months were supposed to be hell too, and we managed to survive that, and have some fun in the process!

No comments: