Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Dr's appointment at 36 1/2 wks

Donovan was busy painting the kitchen today, getting it ready for the cabinets to go in tomorrow, so he was unable to attend my dr's app't with me today, but he did give me a list of questions!

First off - CONFIRM THERE IS ONLY ONE BABY IN THERE! We get freaked out sometimes b/c we'll feel a kick in my upper right side and then almost immediately something else happens in my lower left....but that's just all the one baby! Baby's THAT big already where s/he needs to stretch out and take up all the space in my belly. Phew!

Baby's in the head-down position, so that's DEFINITELY the bum we've been feeling poking out against my ribcage. (Not that I had any doubts, but it didn't hurt to ask, JUST to be sure!)

Because of the fibroid in my uterus, it was hard to determine my exact fundal height (a measurement of the size of the uterus), but it seems as though everything is progressing normally and is right on track.

I found out today that I tested positive for Group B Strep , which basically means that as soon as my water breaks, I need to go immediately to the hospital so the nurses can begin administering antibiotics. It doesn't necessarily mean I am infected with anything, but that I'm at least a carrier of GBS, and so as to avoid any complications to our baby during childbirth, I need to be hooked up to meds asap. Apparently it's "common" - one out of every 3 women test positive for this.

I shouldn't be freaking out, but I can't help but be concerned.

Anyhoo, I got to hear the heartbeat again (my favourite part!), and we're at a steady 148! Go baby, go! :)

What a long day! I'd better go put my feet up and rest now!

No comments: