Thursday, December 20, 2007

Sharing Duties

I keep reading about how when the baby comes, the husbands need to step up to the plate and do more around the house to help Mom out. Well, Donovan already does his fair share, AND mine lately, since I can't seem to find the energy to even think about doing anything but resting.

So now that Donovan already has that part nailed down, what else can we do together? What other duty can we share to help unburden the other parent?

Would you believe BREASTFEEDING?!! HAHAHA! It's true!!! Check out this link that I found:

http://www.righthealth.com/Health/male_breast_feeding/-m-1-od-definition_wiki_Male__lactation-s

COLOMBO: A 38-year-old Sri Lankan man, whose wife had died three months ago, appears to have the ability to breastfeed his two infant daughters, doctors said on Wednesday. The man, from the central town of Walapone, lost his wife during childbirth.

"My eldest daughter refused to be fed with powdered milk liquid in the feeding bottle. I was so moved one evening and to stop her crying I offered my breast. I then realised that I was capable of breastfeeding her," the man admitted.

Dr Kamal Jayasinghe, deputy director of a Sri Lankan government hospital, was quoted as saying it was possible for men to produce milk if the prolactine hormone became hyperactive.

Better pick up an extra tube of nipple cream from the drugstore tonite! HAHAHA!!!

No comments: