Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Right Decision

Yesterday was my dr's app't - the second last one before my due date!

Donovan came along too and videotaped the dr using that li'l doppler system for us to hear the heartbeat!

Everything's great, baby's moving lots, seems healthy, etc etc etc.

So why on earth would the dr ask me if I would like an internal exam? Her reasoning why I might want one is because "sometimes it speeds up the process". Why would I want to do that? I'm not overdue, everything's going well, and besides, I have too much nesting left to do before baby comes! (Counters come tomorrow - baby has to hang in there 'til it's done!)

When she first asked me, I said "Sure, why not". And I meant it. Why not see how things are going?

But then I recalled a conversation I had with a g/f of mine who told me "If they ask to give you an internal exam to speed things up, tell them no! It hurts like hell!"

So I told her to wait until next week's appointment!

I told some friends about this, and they told me it was because of the internal exam that they went into labour! One g/f had the exam on a Thursday, and her baby was born Friday evening! Same deal with another g/f!

WOW.....I just realized......had I agreed to the internal, then the baby could very well have been born TODAY.....on it's Baba's birthday!!!!!!!!!!! Just like she wanted!!!

Oops............sorry Baba Baz, I just can't imagine having a baby now! Good lord, I could have in labour by now!!!!!!!!!!

Looking back, I know I made the right decision. I mean, counters are going in TOMORROW! That would SO help ease my nesting needs!

No comments: